A global insurance offer that covers all your risks

Swiss Risk & Care perceives itself to be an architect of insurance solutions. While searching for the coverage most adapted to its clients’ requirements, both corporate and individual, Swiss Risk & Care has developed a functional agility that guarantees responsiveness and innovation. A sort of “start-up culture” that spurns ready-made thinking and demands to be challenged in its quest for excellence.
This positioning does not prevent the use of rigor and method. Our experts systematically base themselves on an analysis of your situation to provide full protection for your company, your staff or yourself and your family.
Frequently asked questions from individuals

Property and Assets insurance

In the case of a burglary, what damages are covered by the insurance?
The insurance reimburses the new value of valuable objects that are stolen or destroyed. It also takes care of the collateral damages, for example repairing the lock on the front door or replacing the glass in a window. If you are a tenant, it is the owner who must contact their insurance to cover the cost of repairs. Therefore, you must contact them as soon as possible.
Jewellery and cash stolen in a burglary are only partially covered. In the case of simple theft, cash is not replaced.
What is compensation at the current value?

The current value means the new value minus the loss of value due to age, use or wear and tear.

Are my property and assets covered in the case of severe weather events?
Whether it concerns victims’ households, buildings or corporate inventories and vehicles, insured damages are reimbursed by private insurance or by the Cantonal Fire Insurance. Risks linked to forces of nature – such as high water and flooding, storms and hail, avalanches and snow pressure, as well as landslides, rockslides and falling rocks – are also covered by the ordinary fire insurance. There is however a franchise to be paid (CHF 500 for household insurance, for example).

Health and Personal insurance

Is health insurance mandatory?
According to the Federal Law on Health Insurance, all persons resident in Switzerland are obliged to register with a health insurance within three months of their arrival. If they do not do so, the Canton or the Commune of residence will automatically affiliate them.
How is care covered in the case of an emergency abroad?

If it is an emergency, all care will be covered by your health insurance. If care is provided in one of the member countries of the European Union, your expenses will be covered according to the legislation of the country in which you are staying on presentation of your European Health Insurance Card.

What must I do in the case of an accident?
You must inform your employer (your supervisor and the HR service) who will inform the insurer.
How is the daily indemnity calculated?

The daily indemnity corresponds to 80 % of the salary and is paid as of the third day following the accident.

From what point will I receive indemnities from the Loss of Earnings Insurance for maternity?
The maternity allowance is paid from the day a viable child is born and for a maximum of 98 days, meaning 14 weeks (seven daily indemnities are paid per week). The right to the allowance ceases in all cases on the day the mother resumes a gainful activity, no matter what the rate of activity or its duration.
The Cantons may allow for a maternity leave longer than 14 weeks. The Cantonal AVS offices can provide information on this subject. Some employers also allow a longer maternity leave: ask your employer’s Personnel Department.
What are Disability Insurance benefits (AI)?
All those having a gainful activity must be insured with the AI. People who, due to health reasons, are partially or totally limited in the performance of their usual tasks have the right to AI benefits. These benefits are mainly rehabilitation measures.

Frequently asked questions for companies

As the manager of an SME, must I insure my employees against accidents?
Like all companies, SMEs are obliged to provide accident insurance coverage for their employees. On the other hand, an insurance covering daily indemnities in case of illness is optional.
Why subscribe to an insurance for loss of earnings due to illness?

As the head of a company, the law does not oblige you to subscribe to an insurance for loss of earnings due to illness. Nonetheless, you are legally held responsible for maintaining the payment of salaries to your staff if they are on sick leave, for a length of time that depends upon the Code of Obligations. This is a situation that can rapidly cost a company a lot of money. The insurance for loss of earnings due to illness makes it possible to assume the salaries for staff.

If you are independent and cannot work for a certain period, the insurance for loss of earnings can also be very helpful to you through the daily indemnities you will receive.

What insurances are obligatory for an independent?
An independent worker is largely responsible for their own pension provisions and must select their own corporate insurances.
Only Pillar 1 is obligatory for an independent worker as opposed to Pillar 2 which is not, but is nonetheless strongly recommended to provide a comfortable retirement pension.
Corporate insurances are not, strictly speaking, obligatory for an independent but are also strongly recommended. By purchasing accident insurance, you ensure that you will receive daily indemnities. Furthermore, medical expenses not reimbursed by the health insurance will be covered.
Which insurances are obligatory for a company?
If your company is registered as a limited company (Société Anonyme - SA) or a limited liability company (Sàrl), you have several obligations regarding insurance.
Even if you do not have employees, you are considered to be your own employee if you pay yourself a salary. You must therefore contribute to the Occupational Pension Provisions (LPP or Pillar 2) as well as Pillar 1 (AVS, AI and APG). You must also purchase accident insurance as an employee.
If you hire employees, they must also be affiliated to the LPP if they receive an annual salary of at least CHF 21,510 (figure for 2021). Your employees must also have accident insurance coverage.
Which insurances are optional but are strongly recommended for a company?
Even if the insurances presented here are not obligatory, we do recommend that you purchase them. It is the best way to forestall the risks inherent to all activity, especially when you manage personnel.
Option insurances:
  • Commercial Liability Insurance covering damage caused to a third party by your products, your activity or your infrastructures
  • Property Insurance to cover your company’s property
  • Legal Expenses Insurance to cover you in the event of litigation with an employee, a client, a supplier or any other third party
Our news 

Pension Plan Innovation


Switzerland, renowned for its robust pension system, is facing major challenges as a result of its aging population and growing economic pressures.
Read more

Facing new risks


In the face of new risks that are not covered or only partially covered by traditional insurance policies, such as movable assets and civil liability insurance, insurers are making several polices available collectively to companies.
Read more